Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Spot Learning: the book

So, I'm caving in to my inner scribe. I've decided to take the plunge and write another book. It's not that I'm a glutton for punishment or that I can't stand to have down time; the problem is that we are in a really important transition and a lot of people don't know how to handle it.

We are moving from a monolithic ivory-towered training paradigm where all knowledge, processes, and expertise is filtered down to a more distributed, real-time, learned-this-earlier-today sourcing of learning content...and candidly, it's a scary space to navigate for many otherwise very competent learning pros.

On the flipside, those who blindly dive into this transition with a jump-first; then-check-for-parachute mentality are doomed to failure or harm--not out of ill-intent; you just don't know what you don't know.

"Spot Learning" will bridge the gap and bring together much rational thinking about this shift we find ourselves in. I'm sure I'll test out many ideas here, so don't hesitate to weigh in.

The conversation is young, and your ideas are relevant.

No comments:

Post a Comment