Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Where'd I Put My Brain?

Wouldn't it be nice to have a spare brain? What if your phone could take pictures or record audio and you could search either anytime you wanted to remember something...making a computer function as a memory capture and organization device?

Well, check out Evernote:



Here's a nice article that gives a quick overview...but let's think beyond that to the implications for learning:

  • One of the best ways to trigger memory is through activation of episodic memory, which has to do with place (either virtual or real);
  • All kinds of memory can be triggered by episodes.
  • Generally, up to 80% of what we learn is captured visually.
  • Generally, another 10-15% of what we learn is captured through hearing.

Hmmm...I really do need an iPhone. I wonder if, as people get older if it might be considered a medical device to assist with memory. "There's an app for that:" it's called Evernote.

1 comment:

  1. Huh; I use Ubernote (had an easy migration tool for Google Notebook), but I looked at Evernote briefly about 8-9 months ago. Maybe I should look at it again.

    ReplyDelete