Friday, June 26, 2009

Amazon Nixes NC Associates Accounts

This morning in my inbox was a notice from Amazon that as of today my Associates Account (the account through which I previously earned referral fees) has been closed.

In the words of Amazon: "This is a direct result of the unconstitutional tax collection scheme expected to be passed any day now by the North Carolina state legislature (the General Assembly) and signed by the governor. As a result, we will no longer pay any referral fees for customers referred to Amazon.com or Endless.com after June 26." Of course, they're talking specifically about those accounts being cancelled, not the program as a whole.

Fortunately for me, I've moved to Kentucky, so I promptly opened up another account...but my unfortunate brethren in NC may not have that option. Thousands will find themselves unable to tap into this source of jingle, which pays for many blog posts and web hosting and the like.

If you wan to take action, the North Carolina General Assembly’s website is http://www.ncleg.net/.

No comments:

Post a Comment